In 2002 he obtained a degree in Advertisement in Madrid. He has worked as a film critic and directed two short films and some cultural live events.
He has taught creativity at Complutense University of Madrid and photography at BlankPaper School and EFTI (two of the most prestigious schools in Spain). He also was Online Coordinator in the former.
He currently lives in Madrid (Spain) and combines his work as Creative Director at Havas Worldwide advertising agency with his projects in documentary photography.
Languages: Spanish, English
AS A CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Havas Worldwide. September 2014 – Present.
Ogilvy & Mather. June 2011 – September 2014 (3 years 4 months).
Contrapunto / BBDO. 2005 – June 2011 (6 years).
Scholz & Friends. 2003 – 2005 (2 years).
Peugeot, Mercedes-Benz, Smart, Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Peugeot, Reckitt Benckiser, Unilever, Procter & Gamble, 3M, Milka, Toys R’ us, Gillette, International Amnesty, Barclays Bank, Santander Bank, Canal+, El País, Iberdrola, ONCE, Ron Brugal, Canal de Isabel II, Ferrero, Puleva, Central Lechera Asturiana...
Social media, creative strategy, film, copywriting, photography, Photoshop, digital marketing, online advertising, mobile marketing, integrated marketing, interactive advertising, video editing, concept development, multiplatform content, branded content, virtual reality, trans-media storytelling.
"Nobody will believe you" for Smart / Mercedes-Benz was one of the first viral campaigns in Spain. It was aired in 2006 and collected more than 11.6 million views. It was composed by these 3 viral videos:
"The Bottle Music Machine Project" was an integrated campaign. Here is the case study. If you are interested in it, you can see the whole campaign by clicking here.
AS A PHOTOGRAPHER
Awards and nominations:
- 2015. "Everything will be ok" selected as one of the Best Books of the Year by PhotoEspaña.
- 2014. "Everything will be ok" selected as one of the Best Books of 2014 by Photo-eye.
- 2014. Paris Photo–Aperture Foundation PhotoBook Awards. Selected.
- 2014. "Everything will be ok" selected at Fotobook Festival Dummy Award.
- 2013. “Everything will be ok” selected by Folha de S. Paulo as one of the best photobooks of the year.
- 2013. Honorable Mention at Best Ibero-American Photobook Award by RM.
- 2011. Voies Off Arles. Selected.
- 2011. Honorable Mention at New York Photo Festival.
- 2010. Descubrimientos PhotoEspaña. Selected.
- 2009. Nominated three times at the New York Photo Festival.
- 2009. Deeper perspective finalist at International Photography Awards (Lucie Awards).
- 2009. Finalist at Vice Magazine + Ctrl. Alt. Shift Award.
- 2008. International meeting of Photojournalism City of Gijón. Scolarship.
- 2008. First Prize at INJUVE Human Rights Awards.
- 2015. PhotoEspaña. Ivorypress. Madrid (Spain).
- 2013. Le Photobook Fest. Paris (France).
- 2013. IvoryPress Bookstore / Photobook Club. Madrid (Spain).
- 2011. Photographic Centre Peri. Turku (Finland)
- 2011. Museum of Fine Arts. Valencia (Spain)
- 2011. BlankPaper Space. Madrid (Spain).
- 2010. Imaginaria Festival. Castellón (Spain).
- 2009. TAOFS Gallery. San Diego, California (USA).
- 2009. AOP (Asociation of Photographers) Gallery. London (UK).
- 2009. New York Photo Festival. New York (USA).
- 2009. Capital One Corporate Gallery. Richmond (USA).
- 2009. Art Space. Richmond, (VA, USA)
- 2009. Kkien Atelier. Milano (Italy).
- 2009. Sevilla Foto Festival. Sevilla (Spain).
- 2008. Santander Bank Financial City Madrid (Spain).
- Everything will be ok. 2014. Self-pubblished with Cristina De Middel.
- British Journal of Photography.
- Photobook Review.
- Entretempos Magazine
- PIK Magazine.
- British Journal of Photography.
- Burn Magazine.
- Prison Photography,
- LPV Magazine.
- Anuario 02 BlankPaper Escuela. BlankPaper Editions. 2010. Madrid, Spain.
- Descubrimientos PhotoEspaña. 2010. La Fábrica Editions. Madrid, Spain.
- Frágiles. 2010. Selfpublished. Madrid, Spain.
- Encontrados #1. 2010. Selfpublished. Madrid, Spain.
- Enfoca. Share Editions. 2009. Madrid, Spain.
- El Pais. "El Fotolibro se retrata en Arles". August 9, 2014.
- "The spanish are coming". British Journal of Photography. July, 2014.
- "10 photographers you should follow on Tumblr". Fotografia Magazine. August, 2014.
- Paris Photo - Aperture Foundation PHOTOBOOK AWARDS. November, 2014.
- Photo-Eye. Best books of 2014. Review by Sara Skorgan Teigen. December 11, 2014.
- Vanity Fair. "Así es la edad dorada del fotolibro español". October 11, 2013.
- NOTODO. "Un alegato fotográfico emocionalmente implosivo". November 6, 2014.
- El País. "La nueva ola de la fotografía made in Spain ya está aquí". July 24, 2014.
- Dailymetal. "La creatividad es un medio liberador para ordenar el caos de la realidad". September 22, 2014.
- British Journal of Photography. November 28, 2014.
everything will be ok
First edition of 750 copies. September 2014.
Editors: Alberto Lizaralde & Cristina De Middel.
Soft cover with thermochromic ink.
19 x 25 cm.
Currently out of stock.